The CARS2 discriminates between children with autism and those with severe cognitive deficits and distinguishes mild-to-moderate autism from severe autism.
Features and benefits
- Assesses virtually all ages and functional levels.
- Provides concise, objective, and quantifiable ratings based on direct behavioral observation.
- Can help you integrate diagnostic information, determine functional capabilities, provide feedback to parents, and design targeted interventions.
- Includes a form for higher-functioning individuals, an alternative for assessing verbally fluent individuals ages 6 years or older with IQ scores above 80.
- A separate, unscored questionnaire for parents and caregivers serves as a structured way to gather caregiver information.
Ratings are reliable across time, settings, sources of information, and raters.