Extended through 2019! For every form purchased, get a FREE PARiConnect Standard Form Score Report.
The AAB family of products has expanded to fulfill all your academic testing needs! The AAB measures basic reading, math, spelling, and reading comprehension quickly and thoroughly to get an accurate overview of an individual’s academic skills.
The AAB is ideal for evaluating fundamental academic skills during an initial evaluation, during reevaluation, or when working with those referred for learning, behavior, or vocational concerns.
Features and benefits
- Measures basic academic skills, including basic reading, spelling, mathematical calculation, and reading comprehension.
- All four subtests are included in one easy-to-use response booklet. New users can learn how to administer quickly with the included Fast Guide.
- Developed using academic standards set by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, the National Council of Teachers of English, Common Core, and Reading First.
- Reading subtests combine to provide a Reading Composite, which provides more data to understand an individual’s reading skills.
- A Total Composite Score provides the user with a snapshot of an individual’s academic performance.
- Reliability coefficients for the subtests range from .77 to .97 and from .88 to .98 for the composite scores across the age- and grade-based normative samples.
- AAB subtest and composite scores were found to be highly correlated with similar constructs on the WJ® III, KTEA™-II, WRAT4, and WIAT®-III.
- Discrepancy data with the RIAS-2 offer users the ability to compare AAB scores with an IQ assessment. When used together, the RIAS-2 and AAB offer a valid and efficient way to thoroughly assess intelligence and academic achievement.
- The manual includes evidence supporting the ability of the AAB to differentiate performance in individuals with various learning disabilities, intellectual developmental disorder, ADHD, and speech/language impairment.
- Recent normative data give you confidence in your results.