The AAB is a complete achievement assessment, offering both a comprehensive battery and a screening version for use with individuals throughout the lifespan.
Features and benefits
- Developed using academic standards set by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, the National Council of Teachers of English, Common Core, and Reading First.
- Administration and scoring are straightforward and easy—and both comprehensive and screening versions have a Fast Guide to help you get started.
- Unlike similar measures, the AAB requires no certification or intensive preparation—simply open your AAB kit and review the materials, and you will be ready to begin assessment.
- Provides age- and grade-based (fall and spring) norms.
- Scoring is available through PARiConnect; stimuli are available digitally.
- Can be administered in about 90 minutes and scored in 15 minutes.
- The Academic Achievement Battery Composite, a total score, provides an overview of the individual’s overall performance on the various aspects of achievement measured by the AAB.
- A skills analysis enables you to investigate the individual’s strengths and weaknesses and offers a wealth of data with which to make interpretations and recommendations.
- Provides composite-to-composite and subtest-to-subtest discrepancy scores and reliable change scores.
- Reliability coefficients for the subtests range from .77 to .97 and from .88 to .98 for the composite scores across the age- and grade-based normative samples.
- AAB subtest and composite scores were found to be highly correlated with similar constructs on the WJ® III, KTEA™ -II, WRAT4, and WIAT® -III.
- The manual includes evidence supporting the ability of the AAB to differentiate performance in individuals with various learning disabilities, intellectual disorder, ADHD, and speech/language impairment.
- Includes reliable change scores and ability–achievement discrepencies with the Reynolds Intellectual Assessment Scales™, Second Edition (RIAS™2). A combination kit is also available!
Digital materials are available!
Stimulus books and the Letter/Word Reading Card are available for download through PARiConnect to your desktop, laptop, or tablet, making assessment even more convenient. A PARiConnect account is not required for download. The e-manual also includes a digital version of the Fast Guide.
A link to download the stimulus books will be e-mailed to you. Digital stimulus books require a display screen size of 7.75″ (19.7 cm) x 5.25″ (13.3 cm) and 30 MB hard drive space for each stimulus book. The digital Letter/Word Reading Card requires 1 MB of hard drive space.